- Posted by
If your home receives water from a city or municipal supplier, your water has been treated at a local municipal treatment plant.
So you may be asking, “Why should I worry about additional water treatment if the water already been treated at a water plant?”
Municipal water suppliers do their best to protect the public. But contaminants can infiltrate aquifers and springs, and aging infrastructure can introduce contamination even when water has been treated.
Although city water is treated to meet
EPA standards, there are many reasons why millions of households choose to install ultraviolet technology.
- The American Society of Civil Engineers estimates a water main breaks in the U.S. every two minutes.
- Water main breaks and broken pipes are a major cause for boil water advisories
- During a BWA, businesses and households lose access to
clean, safe water.
- Boil water advisories are common and inconvenient. All drinking water should be boiled, ice makers emptied, and
food prepared with purified water until the boil water notice is lifted.
- Because of the danger of water-borne bacteria, most water
filtration systems cannot effectively protect against bacteria during a BWA.
PEACE OF MIND: A whole-house ultraviolet system can ensure
water is safe from harmful bacteria even during a boil water advisory.
Ultraviolet water filtration and purification is an economical and efficient way to ensure your drinking water is safe.