You’ve probably heard plenty of good things about drinking alkaline water from a water ionizer. It hydrates more efficiently. It keeps your body’s pH levels on an even keel. It rids your body of harmful free radicals. It aids in digestion and promotes proper metabolism. It helps boost your immune system. The list of benefits is endless.
That being said, one of the best investments that you can make for your home is for a high-quality water ionizer. Make no mistake, not all water ionizers are created equal. It is important that you check water ionizer reviews before deciding to go with one brand of water ionizer over another. Remember, not all water ionizers are of the same quality. Only top-quality water ionizer machines are able to create molecular hydrogen in the water, which makes it more absorbable by the body.
Aside from reviews, you should also check the company’s website before choosing a particular water ionizer machine. High-quality water ionizers may be pricier but the quality of the alkaline water they produce is that much better too. And in the long run, the health benefits that you and your whole family get far outweigh the cost of having a high-quality water ionizer installed in your home.
So, what actual benefits can a water ionizer give you? Let me share with you several ways I use my own water ionizer throughout the day. I’m sure you’ll find this interesting and useful, to say the least.
1. I Use My Water Ionizer to Make More Flavorful Coffee – this does not mean you can use a water ionizer as a coffeemaker. This simply means, I use the alkaline water produced by my water ionizer to make my morning (or any time of day, for that matter) coffee. Alkaline water drastically cuts the acidic content of coffee thereby enhancing the natural flavor of the brew. This is especially true when you use a French press or a slow percolator. Fact is, a lot of coffee enthusiast websites such as lovemycoffeecup.com, leaf.tv, crazycoffeecrave.com to name a few, say as much.
To understand this deeper, the flavor of coffee is dependent on the stored flavor oils in the coffee bean. The more of these oils are extracted during the brewing process, the more flavorful the coffee becomes. In order to extract these oils more efficiently, you need a combination of heat and the natural minerals present in water. Since alkaline water is already mineral-rich, it is able to better tease the flavor out of the coffee beans resulting in a richer and bolder flavor.
2. I Use My Water Ionizer to Complete Every Meal – this one is pretty basic. Ever since I discovered the powerful health benefits of alkaline water, I’ve said goodbye to soda and other sugary drinks. I’ve also lessened eating out, and I now prefer preparing my own meals and eating at home. And with every meal, my beverage of choice is alkaline water fresh from my very own water ionizer.
Since I started doing this, I’ve noticed plenty of positive things occurring in my body. I generally feel healthier and stronger. I have more energy for all my daily activities and I feel less stressed and more in control every single day. And I attribute that to every glassful of water I drink straight from my water ionizer machine.
3. I Use My Water Ionizer to Make Super Smoothies – did you know that fresh fruit smoothies can get even more nutritious? Fruits such as strawberries, pineapples, bananas, kiwi, blueberries, oranges, apples, mangoes and melons, as well as vegetables such as cucumbers, carrots, kale, spinach, celery and cabbages make vitamin-packed smoothies. These low-carb energy boosters are perfect mid-day or mid-afternoon snacks, refreshments after exercising, or even complete meals themselves.
However, if you use alkaline water straight from your water ionizer to make these smoothies, you’re adding even more goodness into it. Alkaline water is naturally rich in antioxidants and minerals that add plenty of healthy oomph to an already vitamin rich fresh fruit and vegetable smoothie. You can either use water straight from your water ionizer to make your smoothie, or you can make ice cubes using alkaline water and use that instead. Either way, you can be sure that with alkaline water, your smoothie recipe will surely be delicious and nutritious.
4. I Use My Water Ionizer to Clean Food Before Cooking – with my water ionizer conveniently installed, I have easy access to alkaline water I can use to wash fruits and vegetables, meats, fish and other foods before cooking them. In fact, a 2019 study emphasizes the effectiveness of using alkaline water in washing food.
Alkaline water affectively gets rid of chemicals such as pesticides and insecticides that may still be present in fruits and vegetables we buy from the market. Soaking beans in alkaline water also help soften them for easier cooking. You can tenderize meat by soaking it in water from your water ionizer for about 30 minutes. Likewise, you can greatly reduce the “fishy” smell of fish, shellfish and other seafoods when you wash and soak them in alkaline water before cooking.
5. I Use My Water Ionizer to Cook My Favorite Dishes – one secret to flavorful cooking is using water straight from a water ionizer. Cooking with alkaline water actually has tons of healthy and delicious benefits you may not be aware of.
You see, unlike acidic water that breaks down the flavors of food, alkaline water actually helps lock in and preserve these flavors in the food we cook. Foods such as rice and grains, pasta, soups, stews and the like benefit from alkaline water in that much of their natural flavor and taste is retained. Moreover, foods that tend to be bitter end up tasting a lot better when cooked with alkaline water. This is also true with naturally acidic foods as their acidity is cut by the alkaline water.
6. My Water Ionizer Machine Keeps Me Hydrated All Day – like I said earlier, I’ve turned my back on sodas and other sugary drinks ever since I discovered the many health benefits of drinking alkaline water. Thus, what truly keeps my water ionizer busy throughout the day is providing me with safe and healthy drinking water. In fact, I’ve grown so accustomed to drinking alkaline water that I’ve even purchased a water ionizer pitcher I use in the office. Now, I can be sure that the 8-10 glasses of alkaline water I drink actually make me that much healthier.
7. I Use My Water Ionizer to Have Some Fun – every now and then, I can’t help but have that occasional highball or vodka martini (shaken, not stirred… LOL!), especially if a few friends are around. But even so, I make sure I balance out the negative effects of alcohol by using ice made from water from my water ionizer.
And to prevent any hangover the following day, I make sure to drink at least one glass of alkaline water for every alcoholic beverage I consume. Afterwards, I drink one or two glasses before going to bed and another one or two glasses when I wake up. This way, the alcohol is effectively diluted in my system, I remain hydrated and I don’t have any hangover. I’m sure that’s a life hack you can surely use. I picked that up from my wife who learned about it from Elle magazine.
These are just a few ways I get the most of my water ionizer machine on a daily basis. Again, while getting a high-quality water ionizer installed in your home may entail a significant investment on your part, the benefits far outweigh the cost in the long run.
How about you? Do you have a water ionizer in your home? Do you use it in ways other than what I’ve mentioned here? Feel free to share your practices in the comments section.
And if you’re still on the fence as far as getting one for yourself, go ahead and take the plunge. You’ll be all the healthier for it.